Welcome to our Blog-recently revamped to reflect the changes in our family. :) I'm thinking the new blog will focus on the adventures of our little family of three, with the star being of course, our little "Noah-Bean".

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Should've called the new blog, "Adventures of An Anxious Mom"...

     So I was always an anxious person, but holy crap! Motherhood has made me a freakin' lunatic! I have never been so dedicated to maintaining consistency and schedules, keeping lists, over-analyzing. To make things worse (and maybe you've heard) babies don't talk for like...two years! How the heck am I supposed to know what is bothering him? And OMG, I don't know what's bothering him?? That must make me a terrible Mom! MORE ANXIETY!

      Today was a perfect example. Noah-Bean slept great for his morning nap, an oddity for him, but took a "craptastic" afternoon nap-meaning he barely dosed for about 30 minutes. So...when we were out and about running errands, he got upset. By this I mean cranky, irritable, and all around unable to soothe. Toys didn't work, bottle didn't work, the all important vanilla puffs didn't work. Didn't help any that it was unseasonably warm, and I don't think air conditioning gets back there to the little one so well-especially since he's rear facing. I ran through my errands and tried to get him back home where I knew he would need another short nap. I explained all of this to him so I don't know what his problem was! (sarcasm here) Poor baby cried in the car which is hell, really. You can hear him sobbing and whining and there's nothing you can do to soothe him. What he really wants after all is to go home, which is where I'm taking him. Side note-I speed terribly when Noah cries in the car seat. I know it's terrible, but I just want to get him out of there and hold him as quickly as possible. As I suspected, Noah was tired and fell right asleep after a few ounces of formula and some rocking.

      Later this evening, I was so excited to try out his new duckie inflatable bath tub. Once again, mommy's excitement isn't always Noah's. Our very pampered boy has been, up to now, bathing with Mom or Dad. This tub was not a good replacement. Poor Noah again cried. In hindsight, it was probably not a good idea for Mommy to wear a scary green face mask tonight-probably not the most comforting to see Mommy looking like a monster. Oh well-tomorrow is another day! Before the tantrum ensued...
thinking about standing up :( 

1 comment:

  1. These photos are so cute!!! :) I love that duck bath and I'm sure he will love it soon enough! :) You are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete