Welcome to our Blog-recently revamped to reflect the changes in our family. :) I'm thinking the new blog will focus on the adventures of our little family of three, with the star being of course, our little "Noah-Bean".

Friday, September 3, 2010

Anniversaries and Autobiographies

I cannot believe how long it's been since I posted anything! Rob and I have had a great summer with family and friends, and have been hoping and praying that it's our last where we are so free to do as we please. :)

We have met again with folks from the adoption agency and will meet our social worker on Tuesday; she'll be the one responsible for completing our home study. We are scheduled for our group sessions too. This process should take about 2-3 months.

Our focus in recent weeks has been in completing our autobiographies; and we had a round two of adoption pics. Autobiographies had to be completed before the home study process could begin. They were really quite detailed, asking questions about our childhoods, families of origin, our marriage/courtship, our expectations about adoption, etc. Timing was a bit tough for me as the 2nd anniversary of my Dad's death was yesterday. I usually try really hard around this time of year to avoid thinking about my family of origin; and this process was forcing me to do just that! In the end, I'm pleased with what we submitted and I'm hoping that we're no more screwed up than the next couple. I can't help but feel another layer of loss when I consider that Baby Baker will never know his/her Granddaddy. He was an amazing man; and I hope that I can do a good job of communicating that to Baby Baker.

1 comment:

  1. I know how hard the autobiography was for you- you have been in my thoughts and prayers, particularly during the start of this month. You will have no problem relaying what a great man your dad was; you have plenty of people to help you with that! I have a fond memory of your dad when he came to visit us in Richmond and he brought his guitar (and I was also on my guitar kick at the time). Quite honestly he helped me more in that short weekend then Chip did in months worth of lessons. He was funny, caring and he would have lassoed the moon for his Mary. I can't wait to tell Baby Baker that myself!!
    You and Rob are an amazing couple- I can't wait to share it with the adoption agency.
    Love you.
    Aly

    ReplyDelete