Welcome to our Blog-recently revamped to reflect the changes in our family. :) I'm thinking the new blog will focus on the adventures of our little family of three, with the star being of course, our little "Noah-Bean".

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Sad Week

So, this is where my commitment to share our process comes into question. Let's just say that we suffered our first disappointment. I've learned some things, however.

1. Rob is the most supportive husband ever.
2. He should be the contact person for our social worker from now on.
3. It's not my job to be the professional in this process. Although I am a licensed clinical social worker and counsel families for a living, I'm not the professional here. I'm the one that needs the support, so it's up to me to ask for it when I need it.
4. There is support out there, and I'm going to use it. I've heard from others who have gone through this or are going through it. I'm planning on contacting them and establishing a support network of sorts.
5. Rob and I can get through this! There will be other setbacks and heartache, but we can and will get through this.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry Mary. Truly. I appreciate your commitment to keeping everyone who loves you in the loop as to what's going on- I know that's not easy particularly after what sounds to be an excruciating week.
    Thank you for your openness and admission that you need support.
    I love you. WE Love you.

    ReplyDelete